Terms & Conditions
Pinnacle Media Group Ltd’s collection of information is limited to those circumstances where it is necessary to the proper and effective functioning of Pinnacle Media Ltd. We do not sell your personal information. Electronic mail sent to Pinnacle Media Ltd will be retained only so long as it is necessary for technical, administrative, or legal purposes and is then deleted. Read more here.
Copyright and Trademark Policy
You agree not to violate the intellectual property rights of Pinnacle Media Ltd or any third party in the use of this Service. Our Copyright and Trademark Policy, as amended from time to time, is incorporated herein by this reference. Your right to use and copy materials from the Service are limited as provided in that policy. Your recourse for infringement of any material in which you claim a copyright is described therein.
Pinnacle Media Ltd / caymancompass.com / journal.ky / insideout.ky / flava.ky / caymanhealth.com / grandcaymanmagazine.com / whatshot.ky / caymanfinancialreview.com / keytocayman.com and other associated sites as may from time to time be created, may contain links to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Pinnacle Media Ltd has no control over, or responsibility for, the content or policies of these sites, and such sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Visitors who link to these third party sites should direct any concerns regarding any external link to the site administrator or Webmaster of such site.
We are concerned about the appearance of our Service when it is viewed in a setting created by a third party that includes advertising or other materials that we have not authorized to be displayed with our Service. You agree that you will not present our content in the context of a web site other than Pinnacle Media Ltd / caymancompass.com / journal.ky / insideout.ky / flava.ky / caymanhealth.com / grandcaymanmagazine.com / whatshot.ky / caymanfinancialreview.com / keytocayman.com.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Pinnacle Media Ltd is committed to the protection of children’s privacy. Children under 13 are not permitted to register for any activities on this Service. Pinnacle Media Ltd encourages parents to monitor their children’s online usage and to prohibit them from disclosing any personally identifying information online. You agree that you will not allow a child under the age of 13 to disclose any personal information using your account.
The Service is currently free. Pinnacle Media Ltd reserves the right to charge for this Service in the future. In the event of a charge to use any service you have previously registered at no cost, Pinnacle Media Ltd reserves the right to terminate service if no charge is collected. However, in no event will you be charged for access to the Service unless we obtain your prior agreement to pay such charges.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Pinnacle Media Ltd, its employees, agents, and affiliates, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this Agreement or your use of Pinnacle Media Ltd caymancompass.com / journal.ky / insideout.ky / flava.ky / caymanhealth.com / grandcaymanmagazine.com / whatshot.ky / caymanfinancialreview.com / keytocayman.com. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this paragraph. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, PINNACLE MEDIA LTD DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, BOTH EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE SERVICE IS DISCLAIMED. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT USE OF THIS SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
This Agreement comprises the entire understanding between the parties with respect to, and supersedes any prior understanding or agreement, oral or written, relating to the subject matter hereof. This Agreement shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in the Cayman Islands, British West Indies, and shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Cayman Islands, without regard to conflict of law principles. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, shall be brought solely in the Cayman Islands, British West Indies. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extra-territorial service of process. In connection with any litigation arising out of this Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover all costs incurred, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, whether incurred during settlement, at trial, or on appeal. Should any part of this Agreement be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Service is in conflict or inconsistent with this Agreement, this Agreement shall govern. Our failure to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.
Advertising Terms and Conditions
- This contract is made between the Advertiser, defined as either a Company, Legal partnership, Individual or Agency and Pinnacle Media Group Ltd, hereinafter referred to as the Publisher.
- The contract cannot be canceled by the Advertiser, unless otherwise agreed to by the Publisher in writing.
- The Publisher has the right to cancel any advertising contract or not place any advertisement at its sole discretion. In the event that the Publisher shall not place any advertisement, discontinue a Publication or cancel this contract the Publisher will not be liable for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by such cancellation or refusal to publish.
- It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to submit all advertising materials to the publication on a timely basis according to the artwork deadline dates as detailed within the Publication’s Print Media Kit. In the event that such materials are not forthcoming, the Publisher will have the right to create an advertisement for the Advertiser which will not be subject to the Advertiser’s pre-publication approval and bill the Advertiser for related creative and production charges in addition to ad space charges.
- The Advertiser hereby indemnifies the Publisher in respect of any claims that may be made arising out of the publication of any advert. All advertisements are published on the assumption that the Advertiser has proper consent for the use of photographs, testimonials, etc., and the Advertiser agrees to indemnify the Publisher and his agents from any liability including a full indemnity for its legal costs, arising out of any claim made against the Publisher for breach of copyright, breach of intellectual property rights or otherwise arising from the Advertiser not having the required authority or permission to use such materials.
- The Advertiser authorizes the Publisher to destroy all photographs, artwork, film etcetera, after a period of 30 days from publication if return of said media is not requested on signing of this contract.
- All copy and type arrangements are subject to the approval of the Publisher.
- Any advertisement that, in the opinion of the Publisher, could be mistaken for editorial copy will be labeled “Advertorial.”
- Contracts that contain calculation errors will be billed at the normal Publisher’s published advertising rates.
- While the Publisher will make every effort to place advertisements in positions requested by the Advertisers, the Publisher is under no obligation to do so, except in cases where the Advertiser has paid a “premium” to reserve a preferred position.
- All advertising contracts are contingent upon acts of God, strikes, mechanical breakdowns or any other unforeseen interruptions to the production schedule. Acts of God such as hurricanes which occur after publication and initial distribution of the most current issue of the publication will not be reason to alter payment amounts contracted for that issue.
- It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to notify the Publishers in writing of any error in advertisements within seven days of publication.
- If the Publisher takes legal action to recover any sums due under this contract, the Advertiser will be responsible for the Publisher’s legal costs on an indemnity basis in addition to all amounts due, including interest charges (see clause 14).
- Payment is due in full on signing of contract. Account customers are extended 30 days net payment terms unless otherwise agreed to in the contract. Any account which remains unpaid after 30 days from the date of the invoice will be subject to 5 percent interest per month on a compounded basis.
- A fee of 25 percent of the full cost of the advert will be charged if the Advertiser cancels after the sales deadline as detailed in within the Publication’s Print Media Kit. An additional fee of 25 percent of the full cost may be charged if the Advertiser provides artwork after the artwork deadline.
- The Publisher will not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of failure to publish on a timely basis or inadvertent omission from any issue of the publication. Likewise, the Publisher will not be liable for any errors in telephone numbers, addresses, or any other key information in any advertisement.
- Advertising rates are based on digital files being submitted to the Publisher in correct high resolution format according to the Artwork Specifications page in the publication’s Media Kit. If additional services are necessary to prepare digital logos or files for high quality reproduction there will be an additional charge of CI$100 per hour.