Killa accepts $20,000

Charles ‘The Killa’ Whittaker has reluctantly accepted the US$20,000 offer to fight on the Cayman Knockout boxing show next month.

killa

Whittaker may be on the Cayman Knockout bill after all.
Photo: Ron Shillingford

Despite long and loud protestations and insisting he be paid, $60,000, if things can be smoothed over, Whittaker will box on the show promoted by top American promoters Goossen Tutor Promotions on June 20.

It’s at the Truman Bodden Complex and main bill is between unbeaten American prospect Andre Ward and Jerson Ravelo.

The Cayman government has already committed $1.1 million to the show but Whittaker was initially only offered $20,000 by Minister of Tourism Charles Clifford which Killa felt was unacceptable.

Clifford said the government had offered Killa $20,000 to be on the event’s fight card – four times what a boxer in his category would usually get, Clifford claimed.

A furious Whittaker, 34, said last week he would not fight for that amount, but Clifford said Whittaker’s camp emailed on Sunday to say they now wanted in. But, he cautioned,

Whittaker had attached a number of new demands to the email, some of which are out of the Government’s control.

0
0

NO COMMENTS