- Adopt the Green Globe company standard to facilitate improved environmental and social outcomes for travel and tourism. Key performance areas include greenhouse gas emissions, energy efficiency, conservation and management, management of fresh water resources, ecosystem conservation and management. Management of social and cultural issues, land use management and waste reduction management, reuse and recycling.
- Introduce an office paper recycling programme.
- Aim for paperless business practices where possible.
- Seek suppliers who provide environmentally friendly products.
- Introduce ad printer cartridge recycling programme.
- Sponsor Earth Day Clean Up activities.
- Introduce energy saving products.
- Support Government and non-governmental organisations which are engaged in environmental conservation efforts in the Cayman Islands.
- Install energy saving lighting/efficient appliances.
- Plant native vegetation on your property.
- Donate unwanted but usable items to charitable organisations rather than throwing them away.
- Install programmable thermostats and set them at 78 degrees or higher.
- Purchase environmentally friendly/recycled products and supplies.
- Use environmentally friendly pesticides and herbicides.
- Introduce and support recycling and anti-littering programmes.
- Introduce monitoring systems (water, electricity and propane gas consumption.
- Introduce use of solar power.
- Offer our customers environmentally friendly products and services.
Visit www.caymanchamber.ky and sign the Chamber’s Environmental Pledge today.