Pacquiao may never get big Money

Manny Pacquiao will knock out
Mexican Antonio Margarito by the eighth round when they meet in Dallas next
month, his coach Freddie Roach has predicted from their training base in the Philippines.

It will be for the vacant WBC
light-middleweight title, Pacquiao’s eighth championship weight division. It is
at the 154lb weight and will be a remarkable feat if Pacquiao wins because he
started his pro career as a 106lb flyweight 15 years ago. Being elected to the
Philippine Congress in May has not changed the fighter’s conditioning, said
Roach as British WBA junior-welterweight champion Amir Khan joined Pacquiao’s
camp in the northern city of Baguio.

Pacquiao, 31, has been training at
the higher altitude for the Margarito fight in Texas on 13 November, while on
leave from his duties at the House of Representatives. The seven-division
champion’s training got some additional star-power as Khan, who arrived in the
Philippines Thursday, joined him on a morning jog. Pacquiao missed a couple of
training sessions with the flu last week but quickly recovered.

The British puncher said he was
excited about the prospect of sparring with Pacquiao as part of his training
but Roach said he could not confirm if the two champions would be get in the
ring together. Pacquiao, who boasts a record of 51-3-2 with 38 knockouts, has
said he plans to retire soon, even if it means missing a chance to face rival
Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather for what could be the biggest payday in boxing.

Both fighters could earn over $50
million but Mayweather has been reluctant to agree to a bout, demanding
unreasonable blood doping tests from Pacquiao to stall negotiations. Mayweather
recently taped a video abusing Pacquiao to seemingly ensure the Filipino legend
would not agree to fight him. Despite all this Pacquiao has kept a dignified
silence and even agreed last week to meet all the drug doping requests
Mayweather demanded.

Even if he changes his mind to
fight Pacquiao, Mayweather, 33, may not be able to anyway because he is due in
court soon for the assault and theft of a cell phone on his former girlfriend
who is the mother of his three kids. If convicted it could mean a longer
setback.