Leadership Cayman is a dynamic, intensive, interactive, six month experience designed to promote and enhance community leadership through an in-depth introduction to social, economic, business and political issues in the Cayman Islands.
LC is a premier programme of the Chamber and it is always exciting to announce the names of the incoming class members each year. For 2013, the LC Planning Committee, chaired by Sheena Thompson from the LC Class of 2011, has selected an outstanding group of 25 individuals who possess many years of leadership experience across all industry sectors in the Cayman Islands.
The class members were introduced to each other during an introduction dinner in December at the Grand Old House. It was the first opportunity for the class members to meet each other and to interact with the LC Planning Committee and their class mentors for the year.
The programme has been endorsed and supported by the following Chamber members since its founding in 2009: Cox Lumber, Deloitte, Cayman National, Ogier, Bodden Holdings Ltd., Appleby, Greenlight Re, Cayman Airways, Damon Hardie, Certified General Accountants, CML Offshore Recruitment, Brac Reef Beach Resort, Foster’s Food Fair, RBC Royal Bank, Dine By Design, SteppingStones, Dart Management Ltd., Caribbean Utilities Company Ltd., The Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman, Al Thompson’s Home Depot, Tower Marketing & Publishing, Home Gas Ltd. Mourant Ozannes, Cayman Luxury Charters, Britcay and Rawlinson & Hunter.
The 2013 LC Class:
- Dana ArchManaging Director, Arch Solar Ltd.
- Julius AurelioAudit Project Leader, Office of the Auditor General
- Barry BoddenManaging Director, Island Paving (1985) Ltd.
- Erin BoddenProject and Marketing Manager, Cayman Islands Tourism Association
- James ClarkFinancial Controller, Cayman Free Press
- Mesha ChristianVice President, Intertrust Cayman
- Victor CrumbleyConsultant, Greenlight RE
- Colleen CummingsProperty Manager, Dart Realty (Cayman) Ltd.
- Timothy DilbertSenior Database Administrator, Rawlinson & Hunter
- Jody Powery-DilbertAssociate, Ogier
- Derran EbanksAssistant Manager, Cayman National Corporation
- Ceili FitzgeraldHuman Resources Manager, RBC Wealth Management
- Bill FleuryGeneral Manager and Chief Operations Officer, Chamber Pension Plan
- Lindsey GordonRecruitment Manager, SteppingStones Recruitment Ltd.
- Victoria HewDirector, Human Resources, Walkers Global
- Tammy JennissenSenior Vice President, MaplesFS Ltd.
- Joanne LawsonSenior Manager, Organisational Development and Administration, Dart Enterprises Ltd.
- Dan MacLeanManaging Director, Aon
- Aleksei MasiukAssurance Senior, PwC
- Maria McLeanGeneral Manager, The Security Centre Ltd.
- Lynn Merizalde-OribioDirector of Finance and Administration, KPMG
- Laurie MernettDirector, Assurance & Advisory Services, Deloitte
- Valerie MullenDirector, UBS Trustees (Cayman) Ltd.
- Brenton RankinProject Manager, Dart Realty (Cayman) Ltd.
- Shomari ScottDirector of Tourism, Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
If your business would be interested in sponsoring this unique leadership programme, contact Programmes Manager Tiffany Dixon-Ebanks at 743-9123 or by email at [email protected]