Energy Saving Tips For Your Pool
- Using a pool cover will reduce heat loss with an energy savings of 50 to 70 per cent, according to the United States Department of Energy
- Fences, hedges, cabanas and strategic landscaping that shelters your pool from wind will reduce heat loss
- Decrease your pool heater 8-10ºF when not in use
- Lower your pool pump speed to reduce energy use
- Clean your pool regularly as clogged drains and baskets force the pump to work harder
A green pool is not usually a good thing. But at Pool Patrol, going green will help you save money and reduce your impact on the environment.
As Cayman’s leading pool and hot tub professionals, Pool Patrol is committed to using eco-friendly products for both private and commercial pools. Being environmentally responsible is everyone’s responsibility. Simple changes to your existing pool or hot tub can make a difference, helping you to save energy and water, reduce noise and improve air quality.
Industry manufacturers are developing the most eco-friendly pool and hot tub equipment available and bringing it to the forefront of the market, including Cayman. The next time you need to fix or replace a part, visit Pool Patrol to see what environmentally friendly options are available and do your bit to keep the islands beautiful.
It’s time to make a change. Go green – it’s great for both the environment and your wallet.
Variable Speed Pumps: Intelli-flo pumps can cut energy use by 30 to 90 per cent, saving in utility costs.
Cartridge Filters: Large-capacity cartridge filters take up little space and provide maximum filter surface area for greater dirt trapping and fewer cleanings.
Automation: Automation control systems can optimise energy use and equipment performance by automating and synchronising equipment scheduling.
Chlorine Generation: Using only salt, chlorine generators manufacture pure chlorine, eliminating the need to buy, store and add harsh chlorine products manually.
LED Lights: LED bulbs are the most energy efficient on the market and they can last more than 10,000 hours, reducing electrical replacement and packaging costs.