A U.K. coroner recorded a verdict of “accidental death” at the conclusion of an inquest Tuesday into the deaths of three British tourists who were killed last year in an East End car crash.

The inquest by Her Majesty’s Coroners’ Service in Hampshire follows a June inquest by the Cayman Islands Coroner’s Court that concluded “misadventure” had led to the deaths of visitors Marlene Elizabeth Wright, 69; Pamela Yvonne Mansell, 74; and Ian Geoffrey Mansell, 72; and Cayman resident Shannay Alexander Delapenha, 22.

U.K. Coroner Andrew Bradley of the Basingstoke coroner’s office said the high-speed collision between Ms. Delapenha’s Honda Accord and the rented Kia Rio driven by Mr. Mansell was not intentional.

“On May 2, 2017, Ian Mansell was driving his car along Austin Conolly [sic] Drive in the hours of darkness,” Mr. Bradley was quoted as saying in British media.

“He was struck by an oncoming car which failed to navigate a bend and collided with him head on.

“The verdict I enter is the accidental death verdict because I don’t think the driver of the Honda set out to kill the Mansells.”

The U.K. inquest included a statement from Royal Cayman Islands Police Sgt. Lenford Butler. Mr. Butler said a marked police car that night registered the Honda passing at a speed of 57 mph in a 30 mph zone.

“The police officer engaged the car’s blue lights. The Honda continued on the eastbound lane towards the bend.

“Due to the fact the Honda was travelling at a greater speed, the force of the Honda pushed back the Kia,” Mr. Butler is quoted as stating.

“The Honda did not follow the curvature of the right hand bend and drifted over the centre line.

“The driver of the Kia didn’t have time to react to the Honda.”

The Honda was later found to be uninsured and unlicensed, and was also carrying 121 conch out of season.

The Mansells and Ms. Wright had been vacationing in the Cayman Islands at the time of the accident and were staying at Morritt’s Resort in East End.