The advanced Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solutions were introduced to a select group of Cayman’s business leaders at a VIP launch party held at The Brasserie on Thursday, April 7.
The new telephone service available island-wide from WestTel is being marketed under its Business Connect line of products, which includes high-speed Internet and data services, says a company press release.
WestTel expects to introduce residential fixed line VoIP telephone services within the next three months.
WestTel’s Business Connect Corporate Voice Services harness the high capacity and security of WestTel’s existing, purpose-built broadband infrastructure while adding new features and capabilities to voice services.
The company has taken a flexible approach to the market, with offers that are geared to companies ranging from small businesses to large enterprise accounts, with special consideration for companies looking to take advantage of the convergence of voice and data traffic, the release says.
‘The voice services of the future have arrived,’ said Peter Millius, General Manager of WestTel. ‘We’re proud to deliver on the promise of advanced, Internet-based telephone technologies. As the world becomes more and more of a global economy businesses are flocking to VoIP in the US and Europe and it is becoming common practice to streamline operations by using one provider for both telephony and data.
‘Cayman’s businesses can now take advantage of the same trend, which enables considerable cost savings on international calls while making it possible to combine voice, data and other media over the same, advanced broadband infrastructure.’
With the new service, voice traffic is transmitted over WestTel’s digital network and connected to the world. Customers do not need to purchase or install complex equipment and can use their existing phones. In addition, the service uses WestTel’s private network which results in significantly improved levels of security and reliability for the customer, the release states.
‘It’s no longer business as usual in Cayman,’ said Mr. Millius ‘It’s not just about helping businesses save money but also enabling them to take their communications to the next level of productivity and efficiency. Understanding that our customers have different needs, we provide tailored solutions to make them a reality.’
Business Connect Corporate Voice Services offer a number of features and options including:
• lower rates on long-distance calls.
• clear digital signal
• advanced features including voicemail, 3-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting, caller ID and the ability to retrieve e-mails over the phone.
• single rate Big Five dialing to the US, Canada, Ireland, Jamaica and U.
• volume discounts: businesses receive increasing cost reductions as they increase the number of minutes purchased in advance
• Unified Messaging: this service allows users to centrally manage all their communications – fax, voice and e-mail – from their computers.
• Integrated services: combining voice and data allow business customers to achieve further savings and smoothly migrate to advanced broadband applications such as videoconferencing, distance working, security solutions, and more. A single invoice simplifies billing.
• convenient interactive Web interface for customers.