Two people on a scooter were taken to hospital with serious injuries Friday after colliding with a vehicle. Police said the driver of the vehicle was shaken but unhurt.
The accident occurred at around 2.40pm on a section of North West Point Road in West Bay.
Officers are asking for anyone who witnessed the incident to contact the traffic department on 946-6254.
The RCIPS had a fairly busy weekend which saw a number of people arrested for serious offences through both planned operations and responsive patrols.
In one particular incident officers working on Operation Octopus arrested a 21-year-old man on suspicion of possessing cocaine after he ran from police on Eastern Avenue.
Other arrests include the following:
• A 22-year-old man on suspicion of burglary.
• A 20 year-old-man on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
• A 25-year-old man on suspicion of possessing a restricted weapon.
• A 22-year-old man on suspicion of possessing a restricted weapon.
• A 20-year-old man on suspicion of consumption of ganja and possession of an offensive weapon.
• A 24-year-old man on suspicion of possession of ganja.
• A 28-year-old woman on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol.
• A 24-year-old man on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol following a collision.
• A 35-year-old man on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol following a collision.
• A 20-year-old man on suspicion of disorderly conduct.
The RCIPS is urging anyone who has information relating to crime in their neighbourhood to contact their local police station.
People can also call Crime Stoppers on 800 TIPS. Callers to Crime Stoppers can remain anonymous and could be entitled to a cash reward should their information lead to an arrest.