Moms are often so busy taking care of everyone else’s needs, they forget about their own. But experts agree it’s important to make time for yourself. Even 15 minutes of “me time” can make a difference. Tracy Lyn Moland, author of Mom Management, Managing Mom Before Everybody Else, offers these suggestions:
• Spend 15 quiet minutes a day reading a favourite book, magazine, or writing in a journal.
• Go for a 15 minute walk – alone or with a girlfriend.
• Spend 15 minutes doing a project or hobby.
• Take a night class -exercise, special interest, or towards a certificate or degree.
• Learn to say ‘No’ to activities that are not true priorities to you or your family.