Bail granted on wounding charges

Injured man recuperating at home, court told

Jordon Jermaine Bush, 19, was granted bail in Grand Court on Friday after pleading not guilty to charges of wounding and wounding with intent. 

Both charges arose from the same incident at McField Lane in George Town on Sunday, 28 October. 

Crown Counsel Kenneth Ferguson told Justice Charles Quin he did not object to bail after reading the file and speaking with the investigating officer. He reported that the complainant in the wounding with intent charge, Ricky Manderson Jr., had been discharged from the hospital and was recuperating at home. 

No information was given about the complainant in the simple wounding charge, Alton Phillips. 

Mr. Ferguson requested that bail be with strict conditions, including a curfew and electronic monitoring. 

Defence attorney Margeta Facey-Clarke made the bail application, advising that Bush had no previous convictions and had recently graduated from the University College of the Cayman Islands. 

She explained that he lived at his parents’ home in West Bay and would be looking for employment. 

Justice Quin granted bail with a curfew from 7pm to 6am, but said the court would be sympathetic if Bush found a job that required different hours. He also ordered the electronic monitor, surrender of travel documents, no contact with complainants, and a recognizance in the sum of $950. 

The matter was set for mention again on Friday, 30 November, so that a trial date could be fixed. 

0
0

NO COMMENTS