With stormy weather continuing into the weekend and possibly beyond, the organizers of Cayman’s storytelling festival have announced potential backup venues for the week long series of events.
Organized by the Cayman National Cultural Foundation, the Gimistory event involves open-air events, starting Saturday at West Bay beach, involving local performers and storytellers.
The open-air festival continues next week at beaches and back yards around the island. Details of the times and locations can be found in the Cayman Compass’ community calendar.
In case of severe weather, backup venues are:
- Saturday, Nov. 30 – F.J Harquail Cultural Centre
- Monday, Dec. 2 – North Side Community Centre
- Wednesday, Dec. 4 – Bodden Town Civic Centre
- Thursday Dec. 5 – East End Civic Centre
- Saturday Dec. 7 – John Gray High School Hall