A number of George Town streets will be closed on Saturday to facilitate the conclusion of the Pirates Week activities.
According to police, from 8:30-10 a.m., Dr. Roy’s Drive/Shedden Road westward to the downtown Subway location near the Elizabethan Square complex will be closed for an under-12 circuit race.
Then, from 3 p.m. until midnight, there will be restrictions on vehicular traffic in the following locations and junctions:
- Boilers Road/Walkers Road
- Boilers Road/South Church Street
- Goring Avenue/Louise Llewellyn Way
- Fort Street/North Church Street
- Cardinall Avenue/Albert Panton Street
- Exit of Bayshore Mall Parking Lot/South Church Street
Police are advising motorists to avoid those junctions.
Among the events being held this weekend in downtown George Town are the Cardboard Boat Race, the Trial of the Pirates, a steel pan jam, a food festival, street dance and fireworks.