Fatal accident

Twenty-two year old Jamaican National Dwight Diedrick died Saturday, 22 January after sustaining serious injuries following a one-vehicle accident, which occurred Wednesday, 19 January on High Rock Drive, East End.

A post mortem examination will be scheduled.

The other male travelling inside the vehicle, 27-year old Jamaican National Edgar Cole, was transported off the Island for treatment in Jamaica.

Motor vehicle accidents

Police, Fire Officers and Paramedics responded to an accident involving a vehicle that collided with a tree at the junction of Arrow Drive and Shamrock Road, Bodden Town at 9.40am Friday, 21 January. A 31-year old male resident, who sustained injuries after being trapped inside the vehicle, was transported to the hospital for treatment.

Police and Paramedics responded to a one-vehicle accident involving a Toyota Corolla that collided with a light pole in the vicinity of Moonbeam Drive, Hirst Road on Thursday, 20 January at 2.32am.

The male driver sustained minor cuts and bruises and was transported to the hospital for treatment.

Police Officers and Paramedics also responded to an accident on Thursday at 6.59pm involving a female hit by a van. The accident occurred at the junction of Eastern Avenue and Bodden Road, George Town. The female pedestrian was conscious and alert following the accident.

Burglary arrest

A 25-year old male resident was arrested following a report of a Burglary on Palm Dale, Crewe Road on Sunday, 23 January. The Emergency Communications Centre (911) received the report at 4.04am involving a male who broke into a residence on Palm Dale.

Police were dispatched to the scene and the male suspect was subsequently apprehended and locked down pending further enquiries.

DUI arrests

A 40-year old male resident was arrested on suspicion of Driving Under the Influence after being detained by Traffic Officers in vicinity of Eastern Avenue on Saturday, 22 January at 2.05am.

A 53-year old male resident was also arrested for DUI following a report of a bus swerving on the Harquail Bypass, on Saturday, 22 January at 1.17pm. Police Officers responded to the scene and the male driver was subsequently arrested.

Comments are closed.