Motorists are advised that between 9pm and 6am Monday through Thursday the following roads will be closed to through traffic:
• Shedden Road, from Harbour Drive to just south of Tigris Street; and connections to these intersections via Edward Street, Main Street, Dr. Roy’s Drive and Elgin Avenue.
The closure is intended to expedite the paving of Shedden Road, say National Roads Authority officials. It is also intended to cause as little disruption as possible to businesses and the motoring public during the working day.
Motorists are also asked to avoid the Dorcy Drive, Crewe Road and Shedden Road junction on Sunday, 14 May, between 7am and 5pm, so that the NRA can pave the road for the new junction.
The new design will consist of a mini-roundabout with three approaches. Each approach will have an assigned left- and right-turn lane, with signage and road markings for guidance.
Motorists are cautioned to take extra care when passing near these construction areas.
A main section of the West Bay Road will be closed to traffic on Saturday, 13 May to accommodate the Batabano parade.
The closure will run from the Galleria loop roundabout into George Town. This is a complete road closure and will affect traffic in both directions.
The road will close at 2pm and will remain closed until 6pm.
Other closures will be taking place on the following junctions:
• Edward Street/Dr Roy’s Drive
• North Church Street/Boddens Road
• Mary Street/North Church Street
• North Church Street/Fort Street/Harbour Drive
• Mary Street/Shedden Road
• Sheddon Road/Dr Roy’s Drive
• Hospital Road/Elgin Avenue
Drivers are also being advised that they will not be able to travel all the way down Eastern Avenue as the road will be closed at the stop lights by the Texaco garage.
Drivers are being urged to take the Esterly Tibbetts highway as the alternative route.