Adults and children will be able to embrace the exploration and protections of our oceans following the gala fundraiser for Cousteau’s non-profit Ocean Futures Society Saturday at The Cayman Islands Royal Ballroom at The Ritz-Carlton.
People who grew up riveted by Jacques Cousteau’s adventures aboard Calypso can indulge their childhood dreams through opportunities to join a Cousteau expedition or dive with Jean-Michel Cousteau.
Children and families can learn about Cayman’s underwater world and concepts of sustainable living through eco-adventures as Ambassadors of the Environment by Jean-Michel Cousteau opens to all visitors and residents of the Cayman Islands.
Experiences and items to be auctioned at the Ocean Futures Society fundraiser will include:
• Participating in an expedition with the Cousteau film team
• A trip to Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Island Resort
• A two-week cruise aboard a Regent Seven Seas cruise with Jean-Michel Cousteau as the featured guest lecturer
• A private dive with Jean-Michel Cousteau
• A Volkswagen Saveiro Plus Pick-up Truck
• A luxurious New York getaway: A three-night stay in a park view suite at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park and round-trip business class tickets for two on Cayman Airways’ new non-stop itinerary to JFK in New York
• Dinner for four prepared in an Oceanfront Suite at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman by Executive Chef Eric Scuiller
• Round of golf on Blue Tip
Unfortunately, actor Paul Walker who had planned to attend the event as Mr. Cousteau’s guest was called early to the set of his new movie, The Heaven Project, which is being filmed in Canada in April.
Miss Cayman 2006 Ambuyah Ebanks will serve as the master of ceremonies of the event. Other highlights of the evening will include a screening of never-before seen footage of Cousteau’s latest environmental expedition in the Amazon. Cayman’s own renowned underwater photographer Cathy Church will give a presentation of her work.
Ticket cost is $125 or $1,200 for a table for 10. It includes welcome Champagne, canapés and a three-course dinner with wine. As The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman is sponsoring the event, 100 per cent of the ticket price goes directly to Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ocean Futures Society.
The mission of Ocean Futures Society is to explore our global ocean, inspiring and educating people throughout the world to act responsibly for its protection, documenting the critical connection between humanity and nature, and celebrating the ocean’s vital importance to the survival of all life on our planet. Cousteau has brought that mission to Cayman through his Ambassadors of the Environment family program at The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman.
For reservations or more information on the fundraiser, please call The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman at 943-9000.