Man released in Estella probe

Police insist their investigation into the death of Estella Scott-Roberts has not gone cold, despite Sunday’s release of a man they had been questioning in the case for eight days.

The man, who detectives have refused to publicly identify, was released without bail or charge on late Sunday afternoon.

‘This man is free to go,’ said Acting Chief Superintendent Marlon Bodden in a press release Monday.

‘We have a number of lines of enquiry, which all need to be thoroughly followed up. We work with the evidence and material we have at the time and build upon this with additional information that comes to light. The implication and elimination of people is reliant upon the evidence,’ he said.

The decision to release the man without bail suggests investigators working on the case no longer believe he played any direct role in Mrs. Scott-Roberts’ grisly 10 October killing.

The man’s George Town based attorney had not responded to questions from the Caymanian Compass about whether his client has been told he is no longer a suspect as of press time Monday.

Despite the latest development, police insisted they are making progress on the case, with numerous statements taken and a number of exhibits having been sent overseas for analysis.

‘We have a number of positive lines of enquiry, which we cannot elaborate on at this time,’ said Mr. Bodden. ‘We appreciate all the assistance we have been receiving and encourage the community to continue to work with us. We must take a stand against violence as a whole community.’

Estella Scott-Roberts was last seen alive in the car park in-between Deckers and Buckingham Square at around 11.15pm on Friday, 11 October. Her burnt out black Ford Edge was found in the Dykes in West Bay the following day.

The 33-year old had been celebrating her birthday with friends at Deckers the evening she was killed.

An examination of remains found in the vehicle by a forensic pathologist has left little doubt that the body is that of Estella Scott-Roberts, police have said.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the murder team directly or Crime Stoppers on 800-8477.

To contact the investigation team directly, people can call: Detective Inspector Kim Evans: 926-1773; Detective Constable Wade Chase: 925-7240; Detective Constable Charmane Dalhouse: 926-3975; Detective Constable Karl Lovell – 925-6761

All persons calling crime stoppers remain anonymous, and are eligible for a reward of up to $125,000 USD should their information lead to an arrest and conviction.

0
0

NO COMMENTS