Man charged with rape of male

Appearing in Summary Court on Monday, Leonard Antonio
Ebanks denied raping another man and called the charges against him “horrideous
allegations and lies”.

Ebanks, 39, asked Magistrate Nova Hall
to schedule a long-form preliminary inquiry as soon as possible.

Crown Counsel Tricia Hutchinson
said charges of rape, threatening violence and disorderly conduct arose from a
complaint received on 9 January about an incident that was said to have
occurred in West Bay.

She said the complainant reported
that he was approached while walking and told to do certain things or else he
would be shot.

Afterwards, he went to neighbours
who told him to make a report. He went home, took a shower, changed clothes and
went to the police station.

Ebanks, who does not yet have an
attorney, said he had told the officer who interviewed him where he was at the
time of the alleged attack. He said he named the person he had been drinking
with and asked if the Crown had a statement from that person.

The magistrate set the matter for
mention again on 26 January and remanded Ebanks in custody.

The Caymanian Compass does not
ordinarily publish the names of persons accused of sexual offences unless or
until they have been convicted. However, a police press release has been
circulated in which Ebanks is named

.

0
0

NO COMMENTS