Update 7am Monday: There will be changes starting Monday, 18 March, to traffic flow between Lime Tree Bay Avenue and Yacht Drive to facilitate the connection of the new Governor’s Way to West Bay Road and to allow work to continue on Public Beach Park.
• Esterley Tibbetts Highway Phase One is open to traffic.
• There will no longer be through traffic on West Bay Road between Governors Way and Raleigh Quay.
• All through traffic will be temporarily diverted onto the Esterley Tibbetts Highway at Lime Tree Bay Avenue.
• Northbound local traffic access on West Bay Road will be permitted to Governor’s Way.
• Southbound local traffic access on West Bay Road will be permitted to the Public Beach parking area.
• The new Governor’s Way connection point to West bay Road is expected to open in two weeks.
Drivers are advised to allow additional time for their journey while the temporary stages of these works are underway.
Initial story: The first
phase of the Esterley Tibbetts Highway extension will open to traffic Monday,
according to Dart Realty.
and from Raleigh Quay and the highway will be left in and left out only.
Governor’s Way remains closed while works continue.
to a statement from Dart Realty public relations consultant Connie Buchanan:
by the National Roads Authority Dart Realty would like to make the following
shortly be changes to traffic flow between Governors Way and Yacht Drive:
Monday March 18th, highway access between Yacht Drive Roundabout and Raleigh
Quay will open to traffic.
Quay traffic to and from the highway will be left in and left out only.
between Governor’s Way Roundabout and West Bay Road remains closed while works
are advised to allow additional time for their journey while the temporary
stages of these works are underway.”
Cabinet ministers officially opened the first phase of the highway extension as
a public road, and discontinued the corresponding stretch of West Bay Road as a
public road, according to procedures set on in the Roads Law.
closure will enable Dart to construct a new hotel on the site of the former
Courtyard by Marriott. To the south of the new hotel, Dart is providing
government with an enhanced public beach park area.