In the Nov. 17, 1965 edition of the Caymanian Weekly, a predecessor of the Cayman Compass, Bodden Town correspondent Arthur Hunter wrote:
“Sunday last was an important one in the life of the Presbyterian Church at Bodden Town. The morning ‘Remembrance Day’ Service, at which there was a Parade by members of the Girls Guildry was conducted by the Rev. J.S. Wint, a former minister of the charge during the years 1916-19. That night the church was rededicated at a service of worship conducted by the Rev. Raymond Coke of the West Bay charge and at which the sermon was delivered by the Moderator of the Presbyterian Church of Jamaica and Grand Cayman the Rev. John C. Stewart. During the course of the service a plaque in memory of Mr. Montgomery Woods, late Elder of the church was unveiled by his widow. The existing building which was first opened in 1936 was subjected to extensive roof and exterior repairs under the supervision of Mr. W.W. Bodden. Following the service of rededication a joint Communion Service for all the Presbyterian charges of Grand Cayman was conducted by the Rev. J.S. Wint.
“It should be a source of great pride to the citizens of this area to know that with the re-birth of the Bodden Town Presbyterian Church under the guidance of the Rev. T. Redpath, who was inducted in 1896, is associated the beginning of the educational uplifting of Caymanians. It was during this period and from this charge that Cayman got her first Minister of Religion, trained nurse and trained teacher. This tradition has been maintained through the years as many of the professional sons of the soil continue to serve in our Civil Service with distinction.”