The heads of the police force, port and airport will field questions from tourism industry figures at the Cayman Islands Tourism Association’s annual general meeting, Wednesday.
The event, which will also involve the election of a new board of directors, starts at 3 p.m. at the Westin hotel.
Stran Bodden, the chief officer in the Ministry of Tourism, and Oneisha Richards, deputy director of tourism, will also take part in the question-and-answer session, along with Commissioner Derek Byrne, Port Director Clement Reid and CEO of the Airports Authority Albert Anderson.
Deputy Premier Moses Kirkconnell is also slated to speak at the event.
Theresa Leacock-Broderick, who will serve a second year as a director and is expected to be retained as president of CITA, said the board would also be on hand to update CITA members about the work of the organization and its financial position.
She said the panel discussion would give members access to the key decision makers in the industry.
“We are encouraging all our members to come out,” she said. “It is the one meeting where we come together as an industry and can get updated on the work of the various organizations. I want our members to have access to some of the key individuals involved in our industry, including ourselves as directors.”
The membership will elect two directors in each sector of the industry. The two directors who received the most votes last year, Ms. Leacock-Broderick and Ash McKnight of GoPro Diving, are automatically elected for a second term.
Candidates vying for a place on the board in each sector are:
- Hotels: Steven Andre of Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa; Anne Briggs of Sunset House and Theresa Leacock-Broderick (serving second year).
- Condos/Villas: Danielle Wolfe of Caribbean Club; Molly Thomas of Luxury Cayman Villas; Lawrence Haughton of Wyndham Reef Resort.
- Restaurants/nightclubs: Steve Shienfield of Duke’s Seafood & Rib Shack; Julie Allan of Rackam’s Waterfront Bar and Grill.
- Water sports: Ash McKnight of GoPro Diving (serving second year); CJ Moore of Cayman Islands Boat Rentals.
- Allied and land-based attractions: Jay Mehta of Netclues, Inc.; Kimberley Conolly of The Wick Candles & Scents Ltd.; Matthew Bishop of Cayman Distributors Group.
- Transportation: Gary Todd of Budget Rent-a-Car; David Carmichael of Caribbean Marine Services.
- Cruise: Raymond Hydes of The Turtle Centre.