The Hash House Harriers are pleased to announce that the 32nd Cross Island Relay will take place on Sunday 6th February. This is one of the longest established sporting events in the Cayman Islands and runners of all abilities are encouraged to get together and form teams. The emphasis as always is on having a fun time. This year the event will be sponsored by Scotiabank and Trust (Cayman) Limited
The format of the run is a six person relay run with each leg being 4 miles. The race starts in East End and finishes at the Truman Bodden Sports Centre. The 6 legs are:
1) East End to the Blow Holes
2) Blow Holes to the Frank Sound Junction
3) Frank Sound Junction to the old Drive In Theatre at Bodden Town
4) Bodden Town to Savannah Meadows
5) Savannah Meadows to the Old Crew Road / South Sound Junction
6) South Sound Junction to the Truman Bodden Sports Centre,
There will be water stops half way along each leg and a post race breakfast and awards ceremony. All competitors will receive a race T shirt.The entry fee is CI$ 60 per team.
Last year, six teams took part in what was an ‘ invitational’ race but the organizers hope that this years entry will be back to 15 or 20 teams. Sports Clubs, corporations and government departments are encouraged to enter – the ability of the runners is not a major factor.