Just in time for the holidays and high tourist season, 14 eastern-district businesses and attractions are making it more fun and more affordable to explore the traditional side of Cayman.
Developed by the Tourism Attraction Board, the US$16 ‘Discover the East’ Adventure Card provides free admission to both the Pedro St. James National Historic Site and the Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park, said a press release.
Inside, the Adventure Card features a map that highlights the eastern districts of Grand Cayman and identifies the locations of each sponsoring business and attraction. The back of the Adventure Card lists ten exclusive money-saving values that are only available to card holders.
Gilbert Connolly, CEO of the Tourism Attraction Board said, ‘Standard admission to the Pedro St. James and the Botanic Park would normally cost a visitor US$20. The Adventure Card costs only US$16 and represents a great value by giving visitors admission to both of these Caymanian treasures.’
Free gifts and additional cash discounts make the Adventure Card even more valuable.
Cayman National Bank and Foster’s Food Fair-IGA are the two premiere sponsors of the Adventure Card. Foster’s Food Fair-IGA serves the eastern districts with a complete supermarket shopping experience at the Countryside Shopping Village in Savannah and a smaller-scale Foster’s Express store at Morritt’s Shopping Centre in East End.
Cayman National Bank likewise offers a full-service branch in Savannah’s Countryside Shopping Village and an ATM next to Foster’s Express in Morritt’s Shopping Centre, the release notes.
Card holders are entitled to:
• A free gift with paid admission to the National Trust’s Mission House in Bodden Town;
• 10 per cent discount on goods (excluding gas) from Lorna’s Texaco in Bodden Town, with $20 minimum purchase;
• 20 per cent off one adult admission to the Pirate’s Caves in Bodden Town;
• 10 per cent off of all fresh juices at Lookout Fruits and Juices in Bodden Town;
• 15 per cent off any bottle of wine/champagne with dinner at the Lighthouse Restaurant in Breakers;
• A free sample of traditional Caymanian cake with any meal purchased at Vivine’s Kitchen in East End;
• A US$20 savings on Discover Scuba Diving at Ocean Frontiers in east End;
• A free cup of coffee with breakfast at Ye Olde English Bakery in East End;
• One free dessert with a meal purchased at Over the Edge Restaurant in Old Man Bay;
• A complimentary rum punch with an entrée purchase at Kaibo Beach Bar and Marina in Cayman Kai.
‘Discover the East’ Adventure Cards are available for purchase at the following locations:
• Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort — (345) 949-0088;
• The Grandview on Seven Mile Beach — (345) 945-4511;
• The Reef Resort in East End — (345) 947-0100;
• Pedro St. James Gift Shop in Savannah – (345) 947-3329;
• Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park Ticket Booth in North Side – (345) 947-9462.
Check online for additional sales outlets, as new vendors are being added daily.
To learn more about the ‘Discover the East’ Adventure Card, a wealth of information is available online at www.TAB.ky. Or call the Cayman Islands Tourism Attraction Board at 949-6999.