WestStar TV is ready for hurricane season and wants to make sure residents know what to do if a storm is approaching. A few simple steps can ensure family members are safe and service can be restored quickly.
• If power is lost, unplug set top boxes and move them to a safe, dry location.
• Do not attempt to remove towers or antennas. If you are concerned about the safety of your tower, please call Customer Care at 745-5555 before a warning has been declared to ensure a technician can assess the situation.
• Tune in to Cayman 27, cable channel 12, during the watch and warning stages for regular updates on the storm’s progress, news from the NHC, and shelter information, and Island 24, cable channel 9, which will broadcast The Weather Channel 24 hours a day.
• After the all clear is given plug your set top boxes back in and report any faults to Customer Care at 745-5555. Do not attempt to make any repairs yourself.
• WestStar TV used lessons learned from Ivan to upgrade infrastructure and facilities. The Head End and all critical equipment are now housed in a newly-constructed hurricane rated building. WestStar’s disaster plan includes ordering extra stock to prepare for any losses during a storm.
The cable provider is committed to providing the best service possible and recognizes the important role a communications organization plays during an emergency.