Man hurt in hotel electrical accident

A 40-year-old electrician was hospitalised for burn
injuries following an industrial accident Wednesday afternoon, Royal Cayman Islands Police said.

About 2.15pm Wednesday the man, who is employed by local electrical
company, was carrying out some electrical inspection work at the Marriot Hotel on
West Bay Road. As he was completing the inspection an electrical panel box exploded.

Emergency services attended the scene and he was taken to the Cayman
Islands Hospital, George Town, suffering from burns to his hands, arms and
face.

Hospital officials said the burn victim was in stable condition Thursday.  

Comments are closed.