Erasmo quick off the mark

Agua Football Club continue to lead the way in the Heineken Sunday League after another routine victory against one of their rivals, this week it was AC Lunetta who were defeated.

Agua can rightly claim to have scored the fastest goal of this season when ‘Pipino’ Erasmo scored with only 40 seconds on the clock. Gary Mullings who was returning to action after an extended absence from the side, put his team two up just before half-time. After the break, Stephan Kormos hit a double to make it 4-0.

Second placed Fire Pros Boca Juniors kept the pressure on Agua after collecting three points in their contest with CML Claymores. This match was not without controversy after a Fire Pros equaliser was claimed by the CML players to have not completely crossed the line. CML took the lead when Adumekwe scored but Fire Pros hit back before half-time through Mike Ebanks. Into the second half and Adumekwe put CML back in front, only for Ebanks to equalise again with his 15th of the season despite CML’s protests to the referee. Fire Pros finished off the scoring with two goals inside two minutes thanks to a Nahum Rodriguez double giving his side a 4-2 win.

In the game between MC Devils and International Kickers it was Kickers who opened the scoring with a contender for goal of the season by Marcos Tinoco. He hit fly from 25 yards and the ball whizzed past the stationary keeper into the corner. Paul Njogu levelled the scores, but just before half-time the advantage swung in Devils favour when Kickers were reduced to ten men after Cunha was red carded.

After the break Kickers took the lead again when Rico Brown finished off a fine move. Back fought MC Devils, first equalising and then taking the lead for the first time when Dave Holland scored two within seven minutes.

Their lead was extended when Fran Donoghue got his head onto a cross to make it 4-2. Kickers had hopes of salvaging something from the game when they reduced the deficit to 4-3 thanks to Marc Brown’s goal and this set up an interesting last 15 minutes with Kickers pressing for an equaliser – but although going close it didn’t materialise.

The last game of the weekend was between Old Boys and Harry’s FC, but with only ten players to field the Old Boys were immediately handicapped. This hindrance was compounded when one of their players injured his ankle mid-way through the first half and spent the rest of the match hobbling, contributing little in the process.

Against nine and a half men it made for an easy match for Harry’s, who unsurprisingly won the match with a high score – but all this was after Old Boys took a shock lead after Henry Mitchell headed home. Harry’s hit back through Robertson, Irons McKenzie and Gribbon in the first half and after the interval through a Scott McKenzie double, Irons McKenzie again and finally a Stuber strike to round off a 7-1 victory.

For further information on the Heineken Sunday League including complete stats log onto

Comments are closed.