Two of the three suspects arrested last week in connection with a deadly shooting inside the Next Level nightclub have been released on police bail, while a third man remained in custody Monday.
Royal Cayman Islands Police officers said two men who were nabbed Thursday night in West Bay were let go, but had not been cleared in the case and still had to adhere to bail conditions following their release.
The third suspect, a 23-year-old man arrested in George Town Friday morning remained in police custody, but at press time RCIPS officials indicated that no charges had been filed against him.
Gunshots inside the popular West Bay Road club claimed 35-year-old Carlo Webster early Thursday morning, and injured another man who was on the dance floor. The injured man was expected to make a full recovery.
Mr. Webster’s killing was the sixth to occur in the Cayman Islands so far this year.
The club was allowed to reopen Monday night with the owner vowing to make certain operational and security-related changes.
Police also confirmed that a picture circulating the Islands via e-mail last week, taken of the homicide victim as he lay on the Next Level dance floor, was apparently taken by a cell phone camera.
Concerns that a police evidence photo had been released were unfounded, an RCIPS spokesperson said.