CNB robbery charge brought to court

More than $500,000 taken in 28 June incident

As of Wednesday noon, one person has appeared in Summary Court in Grand Cayman in connection with the 28 June armed robbery of Cayman National Bank in Buckingham Square on West Bay Road.

He is Marlon Hudson Dillon, 28, of a West Bay address. Details of the robbery charge accuse him of stealing “with two others” in excess of CI$500,000 in both United States and Cayman Islands dollars.

A charge of possession of an imitation firearm with intent to commit robbery alleges that Dillon robbed the bank with two others who were in possession of a suspected shotgun and a suspected handgun.

Crown Counsel Marilyn Brandt said police received a call at 9.42am that the robbery was taking place, involving three persons. The persons then tried to flee the bank in a white 1995 Windom, but the car was blocked by an armoured vehicle.

The individuals then fled on foot and two were seen entering another vehicle. Police conducted a search of the area.

Ms Brandt did not go into details, but did reveal that the bank’s closed circuit television showed the robbers’ clothing. She said clothes matching what was seen on CCTV were recovered from Dillon. He was also found with some of the money that was identified as being from the bank, she said.

Chief Magistrate Nova Hall asked if Dillon had an attorney. He was represented at the police station but there was no one named on the court file. Dillon said he had a phone number he intended to call.

The magistrate asked a prison officer to assist in getting a legal aid application form for Dillon to fill out.

She noted that robbery is a charge that must be transmitted to the Grand Court and she sent it there for Friday, 13 July.
Dillon was remanded in custody.

A news release from police confirmed that a fourth person had been arrested on Tuesday afternoon, but gave no further details.

0
0

4 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.