In the wake of the recent terror attacks in Paris, the U.S. State Department issued a worldwide travel alert Monday, urging its citizens to be aware of heightened risks, particularly when traveling during the holiday season.
The warning tells travelers to be cautious when in public or using public transportation, and to avoid large crowds.
According to the State Department, current information suggests that ISIS and other terrorist groups continue to plan attacks in multiple regions of the world.
“These attacks may employ a wide variety of tactics, using conventional and non-conventional weapons and targeting both official and private interests,” the warning said.
The travel alert will expire on Feb. 24, 2016.
Since the attacks on the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001, the State Department has regularly issued worldwide travel alerts.
Hotel representatives in Grand Cayman say so far they have seen no fallout from the recent attacks in Paris reflected in their reservation numbers.
“At this time, we are seeing no impact on our business and we look forward to welcoming travelers from all of the world as we begin the holidays,” Ritz-Carlton representative Catherine Leitner said. “As always, the safety and security of our guests and employees is a top priority for The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company.”
Morty Valldejuli, general manager of the Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, said the hotel has not seen any irregular patterns in bookings.
“We continue to see great pace in our leisure and group segments and we hope this trend continues, despite the changing environment around the world,” Mr. Valldejuli said.
“We trust the authorities, locally and USA Homeland Security to keep us as safe as possible as we stay proactive with our own vigilance,” he added.