A fire broke out at a Lantern Point apartment in Prospect Saturday afternoon.
The fire appeared to be localised to a third floor balcony. A resident attempted to put it out using a hose from the roof of the building until the Fire Service arrived at 5:40pm.
Residents evacuated the building and waited on the lawn until the Fire Service extinguished the flames.
One man was treated on site for a burned hand.
If you value our service, if you have turned to us in the past few days or weeks for verified, factual updates, if you have watched our live streaming of press conferences or sent an article to a friend... please consider a donation. Quality local journalism was at risk before the coronavirus crisis. It is now deeply threatened. Even a small amount can go a long way to sustaining our mission of informing the public. We need our readers’ financial support now more than ever.