Man charged in January abduction

A 38-year-old man has been charged in connection with an abduction in the Bodden Town area last month.

Sometime just after midnight on Monday, 31 January 2011, Royal Cayman Islands Police said a man and woman were driving in a car from George Town toward Bodden Town.

As the car approached Bodden Town police said the man, who was known to the woman, began making sexual comments to her and refused to let her out of the car.

He drove the car at speed towards East End, High Rock and then back towards George Town, investigators said.

When the car was driving through the Savannah area it slowed down and the woman jumped from the moving vehicle, sustaining slight injuries, police said.

The man then drove off and the woman was taken to hospital for treatment.

The subsequent police investigation led to the arrest of a 38-year-old man in Bodden Town on Monday, 14 February.

The man has now been formally charged with abduction and unlawful confinement. He is expected to appear in court Monday.

Comments are closed.