Exactly a week after Nathan Clarke disappeared, police revisited Calico Jack’s bar on Public Beach to try to jog patrons’ memories and establish if anyone took photos or video the night he was last seen.
Although only a handful of people were at the bar between 5.30pm and 8.30pm Saturday evening, police spoke to those present to see if anyone had been there at the same time last week and if anyone remembered seeing the missing Cayman Prep teaching assistant.
The bar was also relatively quiet on 25 February when Mr. Clarke disappeared. He was last seen at the water’s edge outside the bar around 8.30pm that night.
Police’s presence at the bar came a few hours after Saturday’s sea search for 31-year-old Mr. Clarke was called off due to rough conditions.
Chief Inspector Richard Barrow said “We stopped early because the sea conditions were not very favourable for snorkling and diving. We also have to be mindful of the safety also of the persons who are helping.”
The search for Mr. Clarke has been focusing on the sea since his cell phone was found about 150 feet from shore in front of Calico Jack’s on Wednesday afternoon.
Police plan to resume the sea search at 8.30am Sunday morning, 4 March, and land searches will also be recommenced at 1pm, Chief Inspector Barrow said.
The missing man’s family arrived in Grand Cayman Saturday.