On Tuesday, 10 May at 11.20pm police received a complaint from a George Town electoral Candidate alleged that some promotional signage had been stolen or removed from various locations in the district of George Town.

Exam papers

The Criminal Investigation Department is also investigating an allegation that, on or before the 10th May 2005, persons unknown tampered with some exam papers held at the Ministry of Education. George Town.


A 23year old West Bay male was arrested on suspicion of possession of ganja near to the airport on Tuesday at 3.15pm.He is in police custody.


A burglary was reported to police at 6am on Wednesday, 11 May when a business premises was entered in eastern Avenue by a smashing a window.

A burglary was reported Tuesday at 5.24am when entry was gained by breaking a window and property stolen from a West bay Road Gas station.

Police received a report of a burglary at a George Town home at 7.05am Monday, 9 May.

Whilst the victim slept, an intruder gained entry to the house by standing on two concrete blocks and forced entry through a kitchen window. On gaining entry, a wallet containing CI$35 and keys to a rental vehicle that was also subsequently stolen from the victim’s driveway, were taken.

Also Monday, at 7am police received a report of a burglary at a George Town Harbour front bar. Entry was gained after a window was smashed.

Police are awaiting a list of stolen items from the victim.

Three more burglaries were reported to Police Monday morning where entry had been gained to their business premises over the weekend.

A business premises on North Sound Road was entered after a front door was pried open, an office ransacked and a microwave was reported stolen.

Another Eastern Avenue business premises was entered and a cash pan reported stolen.

And finally an Eastern Avenue Liquor store window was smashed as intruders attempted to gain entry. It is believed nothing was stolen as they were disturbed by an alarm.


Traffic Police responded to a two-vehicle personal injury accident the occurred on Printer’s Way in George Town on Monday the 9th May 2005 at 9.08am. A male driver was transported to George Town Hospital for treatment of a head injury.

If you value our service, if you have turned to us in the past few days or weeks for verified, factual updates, if you have watched our live streaming of press conferences or sent an article to a friend... please consider a donation. Quality local journalism was at risk before the coronavirus crisis. It is now deeply threatened. Even a small amount can go a long way to sustaining our mission of informing the public. We need our readers’ financial support now more than ever.