Home Topics Rape
Jay Tyson Chantilope of Cayman Brac has been sentenced to 11 years and three months in prison for two counts of rape.
The Cayman Islands Court of Appeal has declined, for the second time, to quash a 2017 rape conviction against Rohan Anthony Gidarisignh.
A Grand Court rape trial has been called off moments before it was set to begin, after the defendant pleaded guilty.
A 24-year-old Cayman Brac resident has been remanded in custody after appearing on rape and other sexual assault related offences on Monday.
Two men arrested in relation to a sexual assault on a woman were remanded into custody when they appeared in court this week.
Tevin McLeod has been sentenced by a UK court for the rape and sexual assault of a child under the age of 13.
A man accused of rape wept Thursday as a Grand Court jury acquitted him of all charges.
The Court of Appeal has upheld a sexual harm prevention order imposed on a convicted rapist and burglar.
A man accused of attempted rape and indecent assault was acquitted by a Grand Court jury on Friday.
A woman who alleged she fought off her boss as he tried to rape her gave evidence Tuesday before a Grand Court jury.
Two men accused of rape walked free after the prosecution offered no evidence against them. The men ages 38 and 43, were both due to stand trial on 9 Sept., for a single count of rape and indecent assault.
Court of Appeal judges have upheld a 20-and-a-half-year prison sentence for a man convicted of rape and aggravated burglary.
Convicted murderer Brian Borden and rapist Jeffrey Barnes appeared before the Court of Appeal on Thursday morning to appeal for lighter sentences.
Commissioner of Police Derek Byrne says online reports of a rape of a boy in Bodden Town are incorrect, describing them as “misinformation” that has been causing alarm and tension in the district.
John Michael Soriano was sentenced to eight years’ imprisonment in Grand Court Tuesday following a conviction for rape of an acquaintance in Cayman Brac.
The case of a George Town man accused of raping his stepsister multiple times when she was aged between 5 and 15 ended in not guilty verdicts on Monday afternoon when the complainant was not able to continue her testimony.
The Grand Court trial of a George Town man accused of raping his stepsister multiple times when she was between the ages of five and 15 began Friday with a summation of the facts by crown counsel Darlene Oko. The trial is being conducted by judge alone in the courtroom of Justice Roger Chapple.
A prison officer who was charged in connection to an alleged rape is still on active duty, Deputy Governor Franz Manderson said on Friday in the Legislative Assembly.
Court experience shows that individuals may act differently to the trauma of sexual assault, Justice Marlene Carter said last week when she handed down a guilty verdict after a trial for rape.
The trial of Brandon Jamahl Beckett came to a surprise conclusion Wednesday, when prosecution and defense attorneys halted the trial to enter new pleas.
The rape trial of Brandon Jamahl Beckett began in Grand Court on Tuesday with submissions from the Crown counsel and testimony from the complainant in the case.
A man appeared in court on Friday and pleaded not guilty to attempted rape and indecent assault from an incident that occurred early in September. No trial date has been set.
A man accused of rape was granted bail after appearing in Summary Court on Monday afternoon.
An employer charged with attempted rape and indecent assault was granted bail on Monday, with the condition that he have no contact with any employees.
A resident of Cayman Brac was transported to Grand Cayman last week to appear in court on a charge of rape.
Okeno Nicholas Solomon, 25, was sentenced on Thursday to 20 and a half years in prison for three sets of offenses that began with burglary, escalated to burglary and indecent assault, and ended with aggravated burglary, theft and rape.
Police are investigating a rape that allegedly happened on Monday, May 28, in the Savannah area.
Burglaries at homes and businesses rose nearly 20 percent last year while attempted break-ins went up more than 30 percent, according to new statistics released by Cayman police.
A man raped a woman after breaking into her apartment last year while on bail and awaiting sentencing for an earlier indecent assault and burglary, a court heard last week.
Marlon Ricardo Porter, 37, was sentenced on Tuesday to 13 years’ imprisonment for rape after a Grand Court jury found him guilty in October.
Jeffrey Alexander Barnes, sentenced in 2013 to life imprisonment after a third conviction for rape, appeared in Grand Court on Friday to receive a term of a specific number of years.
A female visitor was attacked and raped while she was walking along Seven Mile Public Beach early Saturday morning, the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service confirmed Monday.
Two men have been charged with rape following an incident that allegedly occurred aboard on boat on the night of Tuesday, Nov. 21. One man, age 44, was arrested on Friday, Nov. 24, and appeared in Summary Court late that afternoon.
The Royal Cayman Islands Police Service is investigating a report of a rape outside a bar in George Town in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
A six-member jury returned three verdicts on Tuesday, finding Marlon Ricardo Porter guilty of rape, assault causing actual bodily harm and causing intentional harassment, alarm and distress.
A 24-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the report of an alleged rape on Sept. 13. A woman reported being raped around 3 a.m. at her home in Shamrock Road, Prospect.
A man charged with the rape of his stepdaughter was remanded in custody on Friday afternoon after Magistrate Angelyn Hernandez rejected an application for bail made on his behalf. Crown counsel Neil Kumar said he was objecting to bail.
A man whom a jury found guilty of rape was sentenced last week to 13 years’ imprisonment, with three months concurrent for possession of a flick knife, a prohibited weapon.
A George Town man, 45, was remanded in custody on Monday after appearing in Summary Court on charges of rape, abduction, assault causing actual bodily harm and making threats to kill.
A man who pleaded guilty to a single charge of gross indecency against his 11-year-old stepdaughter was sentenced on Wednesday to four years, eight months in prison. Justice Charles Quin said the appropriate sentence was seven years, but he gave a one-third discount for the early guilty plea.
Police arrested a 32-year-old man accused of raping and indecently assaulting a teenage girl last week.
A man who tried to strangle his victim and threatened to kill her was sentenced Wednesday to 13 years’ imprisonment for what Justice Michael Mettyear called a terrible and appalling rape.
Andre Antonio Chase, 22, pleaded guilty in Grand Court on Monday to charges of rape and aggravated burglary. Justice Michael Mettyear set sentencing for Sept. 28.
A man facing two counts each of rape and indecent assault on a young boy had the charges against him transmitted to Grand Court after he appeared in Summary Court earlier this week.
A judge ruled last week that evidence presented in the case of a man charged with rape and indecent assault did not make her sure of the man’s guilt.
A man sentenced to 12 years for rape and indecent assault has had his appeal against conviction dismissed by the Privy Council.
The Cayman Islands Court of Appeal released its reasons last week for its dismissal of Philip Turner Rose’s appeal against a rape conviction.
Jeffrey Barnes has lost his appeal against the sentence of life imprisonment for rape.
A magistrate denied bail Monday to a man charged with rape.
A 26-year-old man accused of two counts of rape and six counts of gross indecency with a child is scheduled to appear in Grand Court on Friday following his appearance in Summary Court on Tuesday.